Yodel "deliveery"

I despatched a rotary saw, carefully packed via Yodel to an eBay purchaser. Yodel was his choice.

There was no one in, so the driver dumped the box on top of a pile of garbage beside refuse bins in full view of the road and photographed it in situ.

They claim tha counts as delivered.

I won't use them again if that is the standard of service.

Reply to
pinnerite

It's not so much the delivery company* but often the final delivery driver.

For instance, on a local social media group I read there are multiple complaints about the Evri driver just dumping multiple packages for different addresses on random doorsteps, usually miles away from any of the recipients addresses. Around my way the Evri deliveries have been by the same couple of people for the past couple of years and they are reliable.

*Royal Mail have a major problem where I live in that tracked packages arrive at the regional hub and then stay there for a week or more. Non-tracked mail only tends to turn up once or twice a week and in batches. Recently I've had legal documents turn up two weeks after other recipients (in other postal regions) have received the same packages, all posted at the same time.
Reply to
alan_m

Agreed, Here, Evri is impeccable in its service. There is usually the same delivery driver, and if its' not him, then it's one of two other regulars substitutes. As in the OP, Yodel is not good, overall.

Reply to
Davey

Evri is now brilliant here. Friendly, cheery lady who goes the extra mile in getting parcels to us quickly.

Yodel...well. I had a delivery of three 20kg bags coming 'next day', due on a Friday. Never turned up, and I got email at 1700 saying there was no answer. I had been near the front door all day, and CCTV showed no-one had been near (and the doorbell log had no entries).

I phoned Yodel and they conformed the GPS showed the driver had been nowhere near us. There is not a road with a similar name within 50 miles. They said they would 'talk to him'.

On the Monday, two of the three bags turned up, with a very grumpy driver. I asked about the third bag, and he mumbled something and disappeared behind his van. And drove off. That bag never turned up and I had to claim a refund. I told the supplier I was going elsewhere in future, because they used Yodel.

Reply to
Bob Eager

When that happened to me, and I reported it, they added a charge for premium service

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I suppose you might argue that it is down to the delivery company to "vet" their drivers.

I have a "regular" DPD driver who is brilliant. He always turns up at the start of his delivery hour. He did just that today. There's a lady who turns up occasionally who is as good at getting the delivery to the correct door but doesn't know the routes quite so well (yes, I realise they follow a satnav type device) so is sometimes later in the hour window.

Later in the day a neighbour, over the road, arrived with another DPD delivery. She had found it as she came home, next to her gate, laid on its' side (there were "this way up" labels which had been ignored).

At this time of year I fear most delivery companies have to deal with whoever they can get to work for them. It's not a job I envy!

Reply to
Graham Harrison

Most of the delivery services assume a driver can deliver X parcels per hour, or allow calculated driving time + 1 or 2 minutes per delivery. The problems of excess traffic, impossibility of finding a parking space anywhere near the address etc. etc. seem to be completely ignored.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

They also appear to be paid per address they deliver to and not on the number of parcels delivered to the same address in a single delivery.

Reply to
alan_m

Easier said than done with the current severe labor shortage at that level.

One of our couriers doesnt even give their monkeys a company mobile phone, so when they can't work out where the address is, they can't even call the number on the label which most have now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yes, that's down to delivery driver's pay. The last Evri one I knew went to work for Royal Mail for a modest increase.

That really is nothing to do with driver recruitment and retention.

Reply to
Fredxx

Of course it does given that only the most desperate would actually be stupid enough to work for such a f***ed operaion.

Reply to
Rod Speed