Yet another one for Adam

On 25/06/2013 02:23, Artic wrote:

A year or so before I got together with my wife, she went on a course in control and restraint, which included self defence. My wife is 5'1" and her then boyfriend was 6'2" and 17-1/2 stone. He challenged her a number of times to stop him if he came at her; she eventually gave in; he came at her; he ended up on the other side of the room whimpering in pain!
SteveW
On 24/06/2013 11:25, Steve Firth wrote:

Perhaps rather than an infrared flash, a genuine near daylight one might unsettle him sufficiently so as not to come back?
Hmm, maybe he is sleepwalking?
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Steve Firth" <%steve%@malloc.co.uk> wrote in message
On 24/06/2013 11:25, Steve Firth wrote:

Put a PIR floodlight up. He will go and find someone else to stalk.

Cool, all I need to do for that is to run 300ft of armoured cable through the middle of my wife's garden. That will make me popular.
--
<•DarWin><|
_/ _/
On Tuesday 25 June 2013 14:31 Steve Firth wrote in uk.d-i-y:

But seriously... Can you get PIR LED battery lights? The sort of insane illumination from a mega bright LED should do the job.
Perhaps something in 12V and an old car battery, farmer style? Not sure about 12V PIRs though...

You could probably hack something up with bits of http://www.maplin.co.uk/batteries-and-power/solar-and-wind/solar-pir-security-lights or equivalent.
Might even do the job off the shelf.
On 25/06/2013 14:45, Tim Watts wrote:

http://www.sunstore.co.uk/10w-12v-LED-Flood-Light-B-LED10WPIR.html
Colin Bignell
Tim Watts wrote:

Fundamentally the innards of PIRs are low voltage.
Slight twist. Park Firth 4x4 in appropriate spot[1], wire PIR to headlights to give the impression that someone's there, waiting. For extra points, optional PIR connection to MP3 player containing BBC Sound Effects disc 17, track 42 "Pump action shotgun being primed" and/or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

Scott
[1] Assuming can be done without crushing of veg patch.
On 2013-06-26, Scott M wrote:

I'm not going to ask why you happen to have the exact details handy. ;-)
My first thought on this thread in general was that if you're plotting something illegal (e.g., casing a place to plan a burglary), you wouldn't want to draw attention to yourself by doing it naked.
But then I remembered that in _The Full Monty_ they couldn't convince the police that they were trying to steal pipes naked.
Scott M wrote:

You have never heard of dogging then.
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

That's inside lights, innit? :-)
And if he has misread some dogging site suggestions, then get Susan Boyle to sit inside.
Scott
Scott M wrote:

Either.
--
Adam

Too implausible now, too many trolls, too many shouty sock-puppets trying to start fights over anything and everything.
Not worth any more attention.
Onetap wrote:

Weird. Almost all of the posters in this thread are regular contributors, most of whom are posting under their real names. If anyone's out of step, it's you.
Scott

Because I've met and corresponded with many of them in real life. Because I know others by professional reputation.
Try another of your desperate tactics to save face trollbhoi. It's amusing to watch you squirm.
--
<•DarWin><|
_/ _/

That sums up your contribution. Other responses have been helpful, and sane.

I didn't have the impression that you were paying attention.
--
<•DarWin><|
_/ _/
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:35:55 PM UTC+1, Steve Firth wrote:

Let's summarize that. You've installed CCTV, you find a naked bloke has been wandering about your garden.
That's unusual though not implausible and quite funny. There follows a discussion about whether this involved an offence. I suspect it did, others disagree. More discussion about what one should do.
"Oh and by one of those strange twists of fate"...... (yeah, go on.......)
....you've also had a neighbour robbed...
(that's unusal, though not implausible),
...a hoody bloke, previously unnoticed, was also on the pictures.....
(that's unusual, though etc) ...so you just had to get the police.....
(yeah, and...) .. who said no offence had been committed.
Please excuse me. My bullshit alarm has been going off for some time now. I need to go and reset it.
Besides that there's the odd bit of unprovoked abuse from some poster, whose name I forget.
Someone's playing a game. I'm not playing.

Everything I have stated is true.
I don't take kindly to some wanker hiding behind a stupid nym telling me that I'm a liar.
My experience in life us that tossers like you are so full of shit that you assume everyone else is.

You're just a tosser. You can fuck right off if you feel like it, no one will notice.
--
<•DarWin><|
_/ _/
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:41:28 PM UTC+1, Steve Firth wrote:

Sure.
It all just sounds a tad tooooooo unlikely.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. ha