Not 100% sure, but I think the pushfit ones are same diameter as standard copper pipe sizes, to allow some interchange with copper pipe and fittings.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 2013-06-24, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Soldering them must be interesting. ;-)
On 24/06/2013 10:19, Adam Funk wrote:

The pipe size is based upon the bore, so different ODs mean different wall thickness. To me, that suggests that the thicker (at least up to 2"/50mm) solvent weld pipe is rated to a higher pressure than push-fit.
Colin Bignell
On 2013-06-24, Nightjar wrote:

Oh, that would explain it. (I guess there's no point in having the pipe rated much higher than the pressure that will pop it out of the push-fit.)