xpelair bathroom extractor fan.

Hi, I have an xpelair extractor fan situated above the toilet in my bathroom. I think it is attached to the light switch because every time I go in and turn the light on the fan comes on.

Problem is that now the fan isn't coming on but the light is still coming on okay.

Can anyone help me suggest how I repair this problem? I suspect that maybe a fuse has gone in the extractor fan. It looks pretty old.

Regards,

Reply to
willhollingworth

Check it's not seized before you assume it's an electrical fault. Can you poke something in and spin the impeller?

Reply to
Graham.

Extractor fans have a very short lifespan IME. Over 1 or 2 years old and they are cream crackered. Try & buy exactly the same make & model as it will make de & re easier.

Make sure you turn the power off completely before you change it, there is usually a live link back to the switch.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Seconded. I had a fan that wouldn't go and assumed it was electrical but didn't get round to checking it for a few months then it occured to me just to see if it would spin and away it went. Been working now for the last 3 months.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Blimey, I hope you're wrong Dave - about contemporary fans I mean. I have three Xpelairs in our house, all about 15 years old, all still going well. When I have to replace them, by your account I won't be able to expect much of the new ones!

John

Reply to
jal