World of windows experience anyone???

Hi, Me again. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of World of Windows Just had a quote from them which was massively lower than the competitors but just wondering what the company's like and if it even exists before I hand money over!! Obviously I'm not looking for a superior product as you pay for what you get. Any thoughts

Reply to
The Question Asker

Linux is better. More secure.

:o)

Reply to
Huge

If you can pay by credit card, you will be covered under the consumer credit act regardless...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I'd guess they're probably shit, based on their name.

Another useless post by yours truly!

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

But is it double glazed ?

Reply to
raden

To answer the original question, World of Windows' quote for a single replacement window is the lowest of the ones I've so far obtained: £353 - £427 (presumably dependent on which quality range I choose); the others have all been nearer to £600 (with one small local company quoting £1000).

The World of Windows quote was given by phone, based on size and number of openers. I haven't seen the product, and haven't yet asked about doing so. A couple of other companies who gave phone quotes offered to bring samples to me for assessment, but I didn't ask if World of Windows would also do so.

Bert

Bert Coules

Reply to
The Question Asker

Question Asker,

Did you see samples of the actual windows? What did you think?

Bert

Bert Coules

Reply to
The Question Asker

Reply to
The Question Asker

Insist? What right has a salesman to *insist*?

Bert

Bert Coules

Reply to
The Question Asker

Whas up with the present windows? I ask because

  1. a large proportion of windows replaced would actually have been cheaper to repair, its just the owner didnt realise how easy it was and assumed they were beyond repair,
  2. Removing original windows and putting in plastic has reduced property value in quite a few cases.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

All frames are rotten glass is single glazed and the appearance isn't that good, personally I hate white upvc windows but then Imp not going to be living in the house.

Reply to
The Question Asker

Single glazed? That seems astonishing in the current market.

I've just had a very good telephone quote from a local company; they use a firm called Corby Windows who have a website at

. I haven't seen samples yet.

Bert

Bert Coules

I just has a rep from World of Windows call and price up a single-window replacement job: far from being the cheapest of all the quotes I've so far obtained, it was the second-to-most expensive. His sample window looked sturdy and well-made, though; they use a UK manufacturer called Spectus. In common with several other of the larger companies, he offered me one price for on-the-spot acceptance and a second (£76 higher) if I delayed.

Bert

Bert Coules

Reply to
The Question Asker

The Question Asker asked:

No, my local World of Windows is in Maidstone in Kent.

Bert

Bert Coules

Reply to
The Question Asker

"My" World of Windows has this website:

- the "where to find us" page gives only the Maidstone address. What is confusing is that the site (and their literature) call the company "World of Windows and Conservatories" - and the rep's card also bears the legend "World of Home Improvements"...

Bert

Bert Coules