World of windows experience anyone???

(£76) if you delayed acceptance? I don't think I would deal with any Company using that practice unless there was a valid reason.

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

Edward,

This is a common tactic. If pressed - "But how exactly do your costs increase if I accept the quote tomorrow rather than today?" - the salesmen can't actually come up with a valid reason, but burble about "special instant discounts" and the like. After my first experience of the practice I gave up asking.

I suppose in a competitive market one must expect attempts to force an instant decision and prevent shopping around, but I'm inclined to agree: it does come across as rather spivvy.

Bert

Bert Coules

Reply to
Derek Doormer