Help on new front door and company POWER WINDOWS AND SIDING

We are looking at replacing the old wooden door on our 70 year old house. We got one quote from a company called POWER WINDOWS AND SIDING, recommending a steel door. Any experience with the company? Any thoughts on what's a recommended door for a northeast climate? What should I expect to pay installed? How are Home Depot, Lowes, Sears? Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

snipped-for-privacy@muderick.com

Reply to
Michael Muderick

Finding a good local contractor is the hard part. Ask around of friends, neighbors and co-workers. Let the contractor help lead you on the final choice of the door.

Steel doors are good doors. They require little maintenance and are not expensive. They don't have the great looks of some other doors, but they can look good. My next front door will likely be fiberglass. They tend to be more expensive, but the material allows for a better looking low maintenance door.

Again, the most important part of the equation is the contractor. Sorry I know nothing of the company you noted.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

As an addition. If you do decide on Power.... Get some references from prior customers and check them out to make sure they are happy with their work several years after the install.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan