Worktop edge strip ...

Anyone know of a good source for 'generic' edge strip for 40mm kitchen worktop ? I need to do some long edges. A general glossy black would do, but I'm having real trouble finding any. I did find one place on the 'net offering 4m lengths of Duropal edge and I thought ha! - cracked it. But when I read on, the buggers would only supply it, if you bought the worktop from them as well ... I'm sure in the past, I have seen it in B&Q in a half dozen different general 'wood' and black and white colours, but I don't seem to find it on-line, and I haven't had the time to go to the nearest store and fight my way through the zombies to have a look. Anyone seen it in there or any of the other sheds lately ? :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I recently got a couple of metres of white 40mm formica-type edging from a local firm that supplies worktops. I'm not sure that they sell it officially, or that my 2 quid got properly accounted for!

Maybe a trawl round your local industrial estates would reveal a similar place.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Quite a bit on ebay

maybe

of that any good?

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I've bought it in-store at B&Q.

Have you got a local timber yard that also does laminate?

Reply to
mike

> or maybe

Good call. I never thought to check FleaBay. Got to be careful with the size as a lot of it is 22 mm rather than the 40 needed for worktop, but I'm sure I'll find something amongst all those vendors !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I guess I could try the yard who got in the actual worktop for me. Also, we have a place that does high-end worktops and sheets of Formica to order, but they tend to be a bit pricey from past dealings with them. Thanks for the suggestion

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily