Workshop/Room

My workshop/Room is only 10'x8' no room to swing a cat.

The Yanks don't believe in doing things by half.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

What you and the Countess get up to in your private life is no concern of ours. :-)

has air conditioning.

John

Reply to
John White

It probably is. ;-(

The3rd Earl Of Derby

I wish we did house foundations like they do, all that basement space....

Reply to
Jerry

what they are here!.....

Reply to
tony sayer

I suspect he didn't have a basement. :-)

The3rd Earl Of Derby

AIUI, the deep space foundation are to be found in the northern states were the frost reaches down four feet odd. Having gone down four feet it doesn't cost much more to go up an extra two /three feet and; voila - a basement. In the southern states there isn't such a concern about frost ! but; ask a new Orleanian about their basements.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Have you tried to purchase a 'lot' in ,say, downtown Manhatten, Los Angeles, Chicago ... ? Hint: "they" build 'high' for a reason ... perhaps it's got something to do with land prices?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Talking of which!

What has happened to Adam?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In article , Brian Sharrock writes

Yeah, well in general most everyone doesn't live in the big city do they?..

Reply to
tony sayer

That plot is not in any of those places. You can see the whole building progress if you look through the other pictures in that directory.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You have your aristocracy to blame for that,they hate selling off land.

Me included.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

GLENDORA,CALIFORNIA

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from John White contains these words:

That thing on the ceiling? That's an electrostatic dust collector. Very useful if you're doing finish work in the same place you're creating sawdust. Good for your lungs, too.

Reply to
Guy King

saw rather better than a Unisaw.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You may well be right wrt the US. I heard on the radio this AM that 90% of people in the UK live in a city, so almost the exact opposite (if true).

Z.

Reply to
Zoinks

Heh! but your garden shed is much smaller. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Ah my mistake. Looking deeper it seems he has got dust extraction for most of the machines built in as well.

John

Reply to
John White

Yep,there the upright pipes scattered about the floor

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

He's going to regret burying them in the concrete if they get blocked.

Reply to
Guy King