Sales Trends

I am looking into buying a new fitted kitchen. Was in MFI today and was given a quote for the kitchen of my choice. I was then told that the price included 20% off all items for today and tomorrow only (bank holiday special). The kitchen I chose is not part of the sale on at the moment so all units were full price before the 20% discount.

I am worried that if I don't take this offer by tomorrow, then I will loose out on the 20% discount. Should I go ahead with this at the moment, or are there likely to be other offers (preferably within the next few weeks).

Also, what are the chances I could negotiate some discounts or free items or are they quite rigid with their pricing? My package for units only (no worktop, appliances, sink or fitting) comes to around =A32000.

Reply to
AmyGG

Ask for a discount,they will give you one.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

"AmyGG" wrote: I am looking into buying a new fitted kitchen. Was in MFI today and was given a quote for the kitchen of my choice. I was then told that the price included 20% off all items for today and tomorrow only (bank holiday special). The kitchen I chose is not part of the sale on at the moment so all units were full price before the 20% discount.

I am worried that if I don't take this offer by tomorrow, then I will loose out on the 20% discount. Should I go ahead with this at the moment, or are there likely to be other offers (preferably within the next few weeks).

Also, what are the chances I could negotiate some discounts or free items or are they quite rigid with their pricing? My package for units only (no worktop, appliances, sink or fitting) comes to around £2000. ==============================================

MFI has always had sales/special offers/discounts, and are likely to continue especially as they are struggling financially.

you do buy from MFI make sure you use a credit card so you have protection should they go bust.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

How much of a discount should I be aiming to get?

Reply to
AmyGG

20%
Reply to
Phil Anthropist

20% on top of the 20% I'm already getting? That seems like a good deal! Any tips on negotiating this discount?
Reply to
AmyGG

Given that MFI are, for want of a better term, "troubled" (

) I would think that they could offer a damn sight more than a 20% discount to get a sale. OTOH, maybe it would be better to wait for a closing down sale?

Pete

Reply to
Peter Lynch

I am worried that if I don't take this offer by tomorrow, then I will loose out on the 20% discount. Should I go ahead with this at the moment, or are there likely to be other offers (preferably within the next few weeks).

The state that MFI are in, tell them that you want the sale price plus the 20% bank holiday special when you order, even if that is in a 2 months time, or you will take your custom elsewhere - I bet they will bit your hands off!

Reply to
Jerry

No, 20% off the full price after the 20% discount offer ends, if it actually does end. MFI seem to have permanent discounts but is all a marketing ploy. The prices are inflated by 20% then discounted to create the illusion of a bargain.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

And obviously pay by credit (not debit) card etc

Reply to
shaun

"AmyGG" wrote: I am looking into buying a new fitted kitchen. Was in MFI today and was given a quote for the kitchen of my choice. I was then told that the price included 20% off all items for today and tomorrow only (bank holiday special). The kitchen I chose is not part of the sale on at the moment so all units were full price before the 20% discount.

I am worried that if I don't take this offer by tomorrow, then I will loose out on the 20% discount. Should I go ahead with this at the moment, or are there likely to be other offers (preferably within the next few weeks).

Also, what are the chances I could negotiate some discounts or free items or are they quite rigid with their pricing? My package for units only (no worktop, appliances, sink or fitting) comes to around £2000. ==============================================

Considering that you could easily spend another £3000 to £5000 on worktops, appliances, taps, sink and fitting, I think the priority should be to get your choice right, then get as much discount as possible.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Or C.O.D... :~)

Reply to
Jerry

You can get a discount on almost any purchase over 500GBP,you just got to be cheeky and ask for it,otherwise you'll end up paying what the sale price says.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Did you have this kitchen designed by their sales people? If so, you will find at least 20% of the cost in un-warranted parts i.e. decorative panels beside washing machines that will never be seen (£ 90 each!) etc Go through the list with a fine tooth comb, matching against the drawing anything you can live without - remove and buy the rest at the 20% discount tomorrow you could save more that you thought! :-)

Reply to
Vass

Already did this :) He tried to sell me a 2 decorative panels for various sides of units. I reduced this to one and said that I would half the panels as you would only see the front edges of the panels around the appliances.

Reply to
AmyGG

The message from "AmyGG" contains these words:

Well, at least the 20%!

Reply to
Guy King

Do that with *any* supplier.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Credit card is better than that even, because if there is a problem later on you still have redress. As soon as cash is paid, this goes away other than by pursuing through the courts. That would only be feasible for a company still trading.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I am worried that if I don't take this offer by tomorrow, then I will loose out on the 20% discount. Should I go ahead with this at the moment, or are there likely to be other offers (preferably within the next few weeks).

Also, what are the chances I could negotiate some discounts or free items or are they quite rigid with their pricing? My package for units only (no worktop, appliances, sink or fitting) comes to around £2000.

Following up on some of the other messages: My understanding is that the financial trouble that MFI suffers from at the moment is due in great part to the frequently missing or wrong parts that their customers experienced on receipt of their order. Is there any reason why this should be different _now_. I would go elsewhere myself, discount or no discount. The possible (probable) aggravation would not be worth _any_ discount, however great. Not that I ever needed or wanted a fitted kitchen. :)

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

50% off list.

If you can show trade credentials, 70% off.

This is MFI, after all.

Have you tried Howdens, their trade arm?

Owain

Reply to
Owain