Wood burning stove death

or possibly he got home drunk and burnt the wrong fuel in there and left the stove doors open cos it looked nice and it filled the summerhouse with smoke...

and there was no air inlet into the summerhouse?

fred wrote:

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

you mean "the regulations" don't cover any of that? strewth someone should hang...

JimK

Reply to
JimK

That really is the heart of it. Typically the cost of the correct flue equals or exceeds the cost of the stove.

Cutting corners either through ignorance or cost-avoidance is the big mistake that can lead to poor performance, danger of fire or CO.

AIUI CO alarms are still not ideal devices - they need replacement every few years (5-10), and can be temporarily or permanently damaged by exposure to other gases and vapours (such as volatile solvents).

I've read that's why the requirement for CO detectors has been held back from from the building regs for a while - they were waiting for the technology to improve.

Reply to
dom

height

everything

Our baxi burnall grate can smoke out of the under floor vent from the ash box under some conditions. Still plenty of draw on the chimney even when it's smoking out the vent must just be a positive relative to outside room pressure.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice