Tiling round a wood burning stove

Still working round the problems installing a wood burning stove.
We'd like to tile the interior of the fireplace behind & to the sides of it. What should I stick the tiles on with?
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 65th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3177
Sing, for song drives away the wolves.
Huge wrote:

ordinary tile cement should be OK, but if you are paranoid use sand and cement.
Huge wrote:

You'd probably be OK with a cement based tile adhesive (mixed from powder) - not a ready mixed tub type.
--
Tim Watts

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:31:36 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

The key is probably not lighting the stove for a week or three after the tiles have been applied so the adhesive has a chance to dry out slowly and isn't "cooked" until it has mostly dried.
--
Cheers
Dave.

The steel case of my wood burner reaches 4-500 deg.F or more if I forget to shut down the air feed!
regards

--
Tim Lamb