Tiling round a wood burning stove

Still working round the problems installing a wood burning stove.

We'd like to tile the interior of the fireplace behind & to the sides of it. What should I stick the tiles on with?

Reply to
Huge

ordinary tile cement should be OK, but if you are paranoid use sand and cement.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You'd probably be OK with a cement based tile adhesive (mixed from powder) - not a ready mixed tub type.

Reply to
Tim Watts

The key is probably not lighting the stove for a week or three after the tiles have been applied so the adhesive has a chance to dry out slowly and isn't "cooked" until it has mostly dried.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The steel case of my wood burner reaches 4-500 deg.F or more if I forget to shut down the air feed!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb