Wiring an aerial socket

I want to neaten up the wiring in my home and part of this is to have a proper wall socket for the aerial rather than a lead coming straight through the wall. I've got the socket but am not sure how to connect it up. Is it simply a case of the copper braiding being in contact with the U shape cable clamp part and the central core going to the single screw above it. Hopefully those in the know will understand this vague description !

Many Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim

That's it.

DG

Reply to
Derek *

Yup. Make sure - as with everything - there are no strands from the screen that could short to the core.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But do be aware that such connectors are a source of impulse noise which can be a problem for Digital Terrestrial Television.

Ideally you should use a properly screened socket/faceplate if you want to have one

See "Improving UK Aerial Installations" on

more info,

Reply to
Michael Chare

Yes.