Wiring in kitchen

We have just fitted a new kitchen in my son's house and just to be on the safe side re Part P, my son got a certified lecky in to do one or two jobs like putting in a connection for the new elec oven and moving sockets etc. When re-locating sockets, he has run the cables directly from the old position to the new position, so the cables do not run either vertically or horizontally or a combination of both. In one situation where the cable run is behind a cupboard he has left it exposed and clipped on the surface, but then sunk it into the plaster (no conduit) when it emerges above the worktop IYSWIM. In the other situation where the old/new postions are on a bare wall he has sunk it into the plaster in plastic conduit. When my son questioned if the cable should have been run vertically then horizontally to the new postion, he said it wasn't necessary and that's why he had run it in conduit. Is this correct, and if not what do we do now? Ignore it and pay him the money? Ask him to come back and do it again (don't hold your breath!)? He has not left any kind of a certificate yet - presumably this will come with the invoice or more likely with the receipt for the money! TIA PeteK

Reply to
pknw29683

Tell him to piss off, do not pay him until he puts it right. Any cable not run vertically or horizontally has to be protected by earthed heavy duty steel conduit.

Reply to
googlebot

So much for the much lauded Part P. Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

I accidentally brought a few reels of old colour cable in december oooopppppppss :-)

Reply to
googlebot

Ah well..You have until March 2006 to use it up.:-)

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart