Window frame seals on uvpc double glazing

They're not very good on our windows. I mean the seal on the opening frames where they close against the fixed frame. They're thin quite hard black strips. Is it possible to replace them and where should I look for thicker seals?

Reply to
bert

You could try these:

I haven't used them yet but like you I've been thinking about it.

Reply to
The Other John

This any good? I've used it for 2 doors. SF also have it but, as I worked on a worst-case of 12m/door, SF's 20m roll didn't quite do it.

PeterC

I bought new seals for my conservatory from these people 5 years ago.

They have a very large range to choose from, but it's made to order - so you have to buy it by the tub.

[Seems to have gone up in price a lot. Site says £99 inc for 50 metres, but I only paid £50 +vat for each of two 150 metre tubs].
Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks for the info. Will have to have a go at one window to see who easy it is.

Reply to
bert

Ebay. There are loads of sellers that stock practically every profile out there. it's fairly competitive too so doesn't cost much and there's no need to buy in quantities that only a window fitter would require.

Reply to
Mathew Newton