Win 10 sends shutdown signal to monitor instead of screen saver

Hello

With Win 7 Pro, after the designated period of inactivity Win 7 would revert to the chosen screen saver which would be cancelled by moving the mouse or pressing a key.

Win 10 sends a shutdown signal to my Hazro monitor and on about one occasion out of twenty it won't wake up. I then have to power off and on again.

How do I make Win 10 revert to Win 7 screensaver mode after inactivity?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

sounds like you've got the screen-saver activation time longer than the screen power-off time

start/settings/system/power & sleep

vs

start/settings/personalisation/lock screen/screen saver settings

Reply to
Andy Burns

You can also configure Win7 to disable video output when the screensaver might otherwise appear. It only takes a couple of seconds to come back.

Control panel, personalisation, screensaver. Unless they have moved it.

Reply to
Martin Brown