WiFi Room Thermostat

(snip multiple chevrons)

Thanks, but see my reply to Tim Watts.

Reply to
Davey

This seems a bit odd. Does the temperature across the room vary? If so would it be better to add insulation and/or reduce draughts? Is it a massive room? I mean, central heating is supposed to heat everywhere and not leave cold places.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Read my Original Post: " the present location is terrible, right near a cold door."

The house is several hundred years old, and certainly was not designed with Central Heating in mind. All radiators have thermostats, but the one room thermostat both suffers from being adjacent to a cold outdoor door, and also being affected the other way if we turn the standard lamp on for any length of time, so it has little chance of stability and of being representative of an overall room temperature. Moving the thermostat will enable us to find a better location, without doing multiple rewiring jobs to find the best one.

Reply to
Davey

Tim Watts

Way, way cheaper than the Honeywell, and even the Screwfix unit. Do you have one?

Reply to
Davey

No.

I just did some googling for the OP.

I have the Genius ZWave system that is programmer/as many zone stats and valves as you want :)

Reply to
Tim Watts