Wickes Website Now Live

who knew ?

lots of helpful "leaflets about it" to download.

Reply to
.

Round ice cream cart.

Reply to
Andy Hall

and about time too. Looks as if you're supposed to be able to buy online from it, but the first item I tested it on said "only available in store".

However, it is a mega improvement on those annoying little 4" square booklet catalogues.

oh ... its

uk.d-i-y FAQ is at
Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

"Andy Hall" wrote

Interpreter required!

Reply to
TheScullster

Ah well ... It's an old story.

When I was at university, a friend had belonged to the transport society at his school and often went on outings by coach, train etc. Needless to say, a broad spectrum of people went on these, but generally the "in" crowd sat at the back of the bus doing whatever it is that teenagers do in the backs of buses while one or two more studious types sat at the front with teacher.

On one particular occasion, they were returning across the Yorkshire moors and spotted an ice cream van (called ice cream cart where he came from) parked in a layby. Unusually though, this particular ice cream cart was round. Thus a conversation struck up in the back about this ("Don't get them round our way" etc. etc.).

Some time later, when the topic of conversation had moved on through several subjects, one of the studious youths from the front made a visit to the back of the coach and asked (in his studious way).. "Hey oop... Did tha see that round ice cream cart back there?" thus provoking howls of mirth from the others.

So from then on, and until this day, the phrase "round ice cream cart" has been used in cases where somebody joining a conversation raises a point that has recently been discussed. It's even more applicable if they were in earshot or supposed to be part of the conversation but not listening.

Wickes web site came up not very many days ago.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Everybody :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

not everybody, quite demonstrably :-)

Reply to
.

It came online a while ago. I find it very useful for when I'm doing quotes & estimates.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Matt, you made that up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

How would you know one way or the other? Were you the youth sitting at the front? Second thoughts.... unlikely this was a group from a sixth form.

Reply to
Andy Hall