Wickes 'Red Pencil' prices

As you may have seen from the TV ads, Wickes are offering 1,000's of price cuts under the 'Red Pencil Prices' campaign.
One slight snag - they haven't reduced the price of......
Red Pencils :-)
http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/500080

A red pencil to me has red 'lead' The colour of the pencil body not important. Given the majority of ordinary pencils are any old colour.
--
*Do they ever shut up on your planet?

Ah! But they're giving 1 away free at the checkouts to every customer. I chatted up the bored checkout girl and she let me take a handful :) I currently have 1 behind my ear as I type this.
--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfixbtinternetcom
On 23/09/2011 18:40, Dean Heighington wrote:

I got some freebies as well today :-)

They seem to be cutting prices by a few pence and making a big fuss about it. A whole 40p off an £8.99 saw? I could hardly contain my indifference.
On 23/09/2011 20:00, Steve Firth wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
B&Q Tradepoint is another example. The other day producing my Tradepoint card got me a reduction of 29p.
I just didn't know what to spend it on.

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:59:16 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I could probably get a better discount with my B&Q "wrinkly card"!
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
On 24/09/2011 01:19, Bob Eager wrote:

I'm far too young to get one :-)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:59:16 +0100, The Medway Handyman

If you want bigger discounts, just give them a while. They need a chance to raise their prices a bit more first...
--

Rod

The mind boggles.

ROTFL :) phnaaar phnaaar!
I said she was bored, not sexy! C'mon, this was a 'Wickes' checkout girl. My motive was purely to get more than 1 free red pencil!
--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfixbtinternetcom
Dean Heighington wrote:

Heh, she allows you one, you take a handful .. way to go .. ;)
--
Paul - xxx