Wickes laminate flooring

Anyone got any experience of Wickes laminate flooring? Specifically, the 'Oak effect' product: http://www.wickes.co.uk/laminate-flooring-oak-effect/invt/215587 /

βœ–
On 03/10/2011 23:33, F wrote:

Wickes laminate is generally OK. Avoid Homebase stuff like the plague.

βœ–
Surely it all comes out of the same factory?
--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

It does - doesn't mean it's all the same though.
In my experience, B&Q stuff (higher end anyway) is excellent, Wickes higher end stuff is ok, B&Q cheap stuff is next, then the wickes cheap stuff. As Dave says, avoid the Homebase stuff - it's crap.
Some of the non shed stuff is pretty good - and pretty expensive as well.
Darren
Add pictures here
βœ–
escribiσ:

Glad you said that, I've just laid an 8m x 6m room with the B&Q oak- effect stuff.
--
(\__/)
(='.'=)
On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 01:16:12 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I was looking at Wickes' stuff for a neighbour. The tile effect seems to be the most durable and resistant to water. It is, however, quite thick.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

It is thicker, yeah. This is a good thing.
The thin stuff is a pain IME.
Darren
Add pictures here
βœ–
F wrote:

Forget it and use Pergo - as laminate goes, I can personally attest that that is OK.
Does your budget allow for considering engineered wood instead (eg Kahrs) - lays in exactly the same way, no more work and will last many times longer.
--
Tim Watts

Add pictures here
βœ–

I used some of this a few months ago to tart up a couple of rooms in my last house. Once down it looked fine and seemed pretty robust but I had a problem fitting it: It seemed that some packs were cut out of square at the ends. A run from the same pack would be fine but mixing the two types (it seemed there were only two) meant there was a small deflection in the run. I found this when one row kept popping out of the joints. Once I identified the problem, it wasn't too much of a problem to deal with, but that would depend on the size of the room etc. Given the price/quality I would probably buy it again for a similar project but make sure I had plenty spare to ensure I could solve this problem.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thanks for all the advice: appreciated!
We ended up with Kronofix Royal Oak.