Why, when we are all digital with subtitles...

I was treated by a deaf nurse. Last time in hospital. She looked lopisded and the first thing she said was 'I am deaf from birth ' so I immediately said 'but can you lip read?' 'Yes' she said. 'OK' I said 'I'll only talk when looking at you'.

Nearly all the deaf people - long term deaf people - I have known could lip read.

I never met one who could sign, since my primary school in the 1950s.

She could lipread too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've met quite a few. Some are friends of the family, others just random people. And a number of hearing people who can sign.

And I can do very basic signing myself, and so can my son. Neither of us is deaf.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm not here to answer your questions.

If you want to find out about something, then look it up for yourself.

Nowadays with the Internet, google, wikipedia, etc. it's only a few minutes work if that; whereas before, it might have taken a trip down to the local library. Assuming it was open, that is.

People like you simply don't know how lucky you are, to have so much knowledge at your fingertips; and yet all I hear from you is "how many deaf people know international sign language < dribble, dribble >

You're almost as bad as that other clown who has to ask for advice on here as to how he should clean his dog's rubber ball.

Then, once you've looked it up and have got your evidence then you can post it on here; and the discussion can then move onto the next stage of deciding whether it's relevant or not.

If there's anything there that you're having a problem with, then maybe you could ask somebody else to explain it to you.

michael adams

michael adams

Your problem is that, having looked at the TV guides, I don't believe you. Do you want to give an example of what you claim?

Reply to
dennis

If only all my problems were so insignificant.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

So you don't want to give an example.

Reply to