Why do we have modesty panels on desks?

Which would be much easier without that damn panel.

On Mon, 18 May 2020 18:38:02 +0100, Commander Kinsey wrote:

So you can't see the secretarys wings and know when she's on.
--
Cheers
Dave.

What's the point of hiring a sexy secretary if you can't see her bits?
On Monday, 18 May 2020 18:38:10 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Because in the 1960s we had women wearing short skirts and open plan offices
Would you let your daughter work in an open plan office? 1968.
https://k2space.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Open-Plan-Observer.jpg
Owain
On 18/05/2020 19:46, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

No computers and 4 way extension leads to PAT that required you to have a quick look under the desk?
--
Adam

On Monday, 18 May 2020 20:33:17 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

Not in 1968.
By 1977 they had A Computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MMRoBnrUwA

Owain

You actually do the tests? When I did PAT testing I just glanced at them. Not falling apart, probably ok, add sticker.
A contractor electrician once PAT tested and failed a 5V power supply due to an exposed *5 volt* wire, which he claimed was dangerous. I removed the red warning sticker, continued using it, and called him a moron. His response was something along the lines of "well I dunno, I just follow the instructions".

If she was a prude she could put knickers on. Otherwise, good way to get a mate.

Blimey. That's rather more 029 card punches than I've ever seen in one room.
--
Tim

On 19 May 2020 08:19:53 GMT, Tim Streater wrote:

https://k2space.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Open-Plan-Observer

I wasn't going to bother to look at that image, until someone mentioned card punches... B-)
--
Cheers
Dave.
On Tuesday, 19 May 2020 12:15:05 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Boots were very proud of their "perforated metal ceilings, filled with a compound of fibreglass and asbestos" to absorb the noise ;-)
Owain

I'm sure Bryant & May were very proud of their matches filled with phosphorus
your point was?
tim
On 19/05/2020 17:08, tim... wrote:

That one suspects that they would be less boastful of a ceiling in the workplace full of asbestos these days?
--
Cheers,

John.
On 19/05/2020 13:33, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

did they have aircon to remove all the heat ?.