Why do we have modesty panels on desks?

I just find they get in the way when trying to get at wires behind them.

Commander Kinsey

So you can't see the secretarys wings and know when she's on.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They were for that to start with, but now of course, remove one and the desk falls to bits. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Yeah the man crawling around the floor trying to find where the wires go. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

And here?

No, just not a prude.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Which would be much easier without that damn panel.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What's the point of hiring a sexy secretary if you can't see her bits?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Actually probably all desks need it for support. A long piece of furniture needs some kind of support to keep it at right angles.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No, it's so you can make a dramatic entrance.

Reply to
Max Demian

WTF? How is opening a door anything remotely like sitting at a desk?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey

Nope, I don't care who sees my tackle, and if I did, I wouldn't wear a skirt and no knickers.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I was thinking of wooden desks. Steel tubing is only used in schools, since they get bashed about a lot.

I was thinking of wooden desks. Steel tubing is only used in schools, since they get bashed about a lot.

Not enough room in McDonalds.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Those are much sturdier and expensive than desks.

Never seen it elsewhere.

Those are much sturdier and expensive than desks.

Never seen it elsewhere.

I misunderstood, I thought you were talking about a restaurant. And not everyone has a huge house.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Different design, the legs aren't on the ends. Less unsupported wood on top.

And study desks?!

Do to have "plenty of room".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Some houses don't have a dining room. You eat on the sofa in the lounge.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I used to live in a 3 bedroom house that had a living room we seldom used. The other room was a small kitchen (cooking area) and we had table to eat on, couch, easy chair,and the TV set in that room.

The house was around 1100 sqft.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

You sat in the kitchen in preference to the living room? Why?

Twice my original size before the extension. I'd still have been short of space.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Odd, most dining tables I have seen have legs at or near the ends and the centre sections between legs are supported by beams.

Against a wall most times.

Only in Scotland where, it would seem, you need to eat on the floor due to a lack of space in Scottish houses.

Reply to
Xeno

no it is to save the modesty of somebody in the room in a state of déshabillé

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...