Why did they say we were overpopulated 50 years ago?

How do you know . You were not there.

--

Reply to
GB

4 billion dead from the chinkflu would be a good result.

--

Reply to
GB

Pollution, Infectious Disease, and Mortality: Evidence from the

1918 Spanish Influenza Pandemic by Karen Clay, Joshua Lewis, Edson Severnini NBER Working Paper No. 21635, Issued in Oct 2015, Revised May 2018

The 1918 flu Pandemic killed millions worldwide & hundreds of thousands in the U.S. This paper studies the impact of air pollution on pandemic mortality. The analysis combines a panel dataset on infant and all-age mortality with a novel measure of air pollution based on the burning of coal in a large sample of U.S. cities. We estimate that air pollution contributed significantly to pandemic mortality. Cities that used more coal experienced tens of thousands of excess deaths in 1918 relative to cities that used less coal with similar pre-pandemic socioeconomic conditions and baseline health. Factors related to poverty, public health, and the timing of onset also affected pandemic mortality. The findings support recent medical evidence on the link between air pollution and influenza infection, and suggest that poor air quality was an important cause of mortality during the pandemic.

David P

We had these funky things called newspapers and newsreel footage then.

And quarantine laws too.

Reply to
Jake56

Specially if it killed you.

Reply to
Jake56

When the chinkflu kills millions is will be a good day.

--

Reply to
GB

Not likely, I'm not into little boys or a BAME.

--

Reply to
GB

Dont tell porkies

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its obviously, from your earlier remark, excluded you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Says someone who spends all day everyday. Arguing with a computer monitor. Maybe you should get out more. Live a little.

--

Reply to
GB

On 9 May 2020, GB wrote (in article <r95phm$qih$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me):

Is that what you are doing by posting here 8 times in 90 minutes?

Reply to
Keema's Nan

Says someone who spends all day everyday. Arguing with a computer monitor. Maybe you should get out more. Live a little.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nothing porky about the fact that quarantine had been used for a century or more before that, because it was known that that worked. It was in fact attempted very early on with the spanish flu but the US military f***ed up by not including the officers in those quarantined.

Reply to
Jake56

I am glad you admit that there was no quarantine done except inside enlisted US Army men. I.e. No quarantine

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There was lots of quarantine at ports by various countries.

Reply to
Jake56

Dont mess with me shitstain .

Reply to
GB

The wisdom of Turnip. This being the first ever pandemic in the history of man.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Go and change the tin foil hat you have on.

--

Reply to
GB

Where you alive a 100 years ago.