Quote for new boiler. Reasonable?

As subject. The existing boiler is 15 years old and one of the PCBs is Kaput.

Worcester Bosch 18 Ri NG Heat Only boiler Worcester Bosch Horizontal flue Worcester Bosch 22mm Greenstar system filter Honeywell R/F twin channel timer/programmer Honeywell 2 port 22mm zone valves Inhibitor Pipe and Fittings Labour

Work to be carried out: System flushed and drained. Existing boiler isolated from electrics, gas and water. New boiler sited in existing location. Pipe work reconfigured for S plan system. System filter fitted to heating return. System filled and tested. Inhibitor added to protect system. Boiler commissioned, bench mark completed. Instructions handed over to customer. Boiler registered to Gas Safe Register and Worcester Bosch 10 year guarantee. All waste disposed of responsibly.

Subtotal £ 2066.67 Vat 20% £ 413.33 Total cost £ 2480.00

Date 08 May 2020

I've used the guy for years. He seems OK.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Why don't you get some more quote's and find out

You f****ng dolt.

--

Reply to
GB

I wish I'd got quotes that were as little as twice that

or are you suggesting that it's too cheap and he's a cowboy

tim

Reply to
tim...

Feeling better after writing that, ANDRZEJ?

Reply to
GB

I feel good knowing time is running out for you.

--

Reply to
GB

Cos you be stoopid. And live in a cowboy infested shithole.

--

Reply to
GB

I've never bought a new boiler in all my 77 years so any price would be a surprise. As I said, I don't think he's a cowboy and it's nice to hear you say that the price is about right. I've now done some research and it seems to me I should go for it, not least because he's local and I know him well.

Cheers

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Get British Gas round to do a quote.

Then when you get it, you can tell them that you don't want an entire new central heating system and they can tell you, like they did for me, that their quote is just for a new boiler.

I'd guess they'll charge about £5,000

Reply to
Murmansk

Another Dave explained :

My boiler install, a little larger than your boiler and in Yorkshire, cost £1800. No flush was needed and I did much of the prep-work, including draining and fitting TRV's.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Doesn't sound bad to me.

Reply to
newshound

Have you considered a PCB replacement?

CETLTD.co.uk

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

You are a mug then. If you have no idea what the price should be and are too stupid to get some quotes how do you know the price is about right.

Cos the exact same install is the source for all the google hits.

--

Reply to
GB

And I would expect a sensible quote to be half of what British Gas want to charge. So it sounds like the OP's quote is right on the nose :-)

THeo

Reply to
Theo

Actually I have, but in view of all our ages (me, my wife and not least that of the boiler) I think the comfort of knowing I've got a new boiler is going to win out. Most of my wealth is in the house and cash saving bonds; these are earning me sweet FA so I'd rather spend the cash.

Thanks for your suggestion though

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Seems reasonable enough in absolute terms - there is over a grands worth of hardware there...

It varies quite a bit by area as to how competitive that is in relative terms.

Reply to
John Rumm

It's running out for all of us, I'm afraid. I hope you are taking plenty of exercise, keeping your weight in check, and doing what you can to keep your immunity up.

Reply to
GB

How do you know he has'nt had a BG quote.

--

Reply to
GB

It's running out for all of us, I'm afraid. I hope you are taking plenty of exercise, keeping your weight in check, and doing what you can to keep your immunity up.

Reply to
GB

You should be afraid. One less prick like you on the planet, no big loss.

Reply to
GB

OK. I've accepted the quote.

Thanks to all. According to my filter log I've had 9 (nine !) replies from GB, none of which I've seen. What is wrong with these people?

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave