Why are most shaver sockets dual voltage?

Because otherwise he would grow a beard!

Dirty! Dirty! Dirty!

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

See above.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Because I'd look like an itchy hermit with a personal hygiene problem.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The beard goes grey first :o(

Other newsgroups have mugshot galleries eg uk.rec.walking ( I last shaved on March 10 1975):

Bob Mannix

I want that wun.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Strangely, never known to post anything!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I don't understand that answer ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Nothing wrong with that.

I'd be happy to provide a mug shot for a d-i-y gallery.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I missed out an "otherwise".

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

ah - I understand, thanks.

Hmm.

Do you mean that you think all men with beards look like that or would it just be you?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Now I'm worried ;o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

eew !

Vaseline intensive care moisturising body wash. (I think)

Moisturises as it goes....

Smooth ... ;)

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

Beards are evil. If you need any proof, go to:

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Most. Some look fine and well kept, but look like they take about 10 times as long to maintain than shaving.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I believe a cleanly-shaved chin looks perfectly manly.

Of course, not everyone has the chin for a clean shave :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No, that only proves that beards are gay. I've not seen Brokeback Mountain, and now I don't have to.

Reply to
Phil Young

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Beards are tickly and irritating - but have the advantage of being a source of unexpected snacks and forgotten trifles.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from snipped-for-privacy@technologist.com contains these words:

Mostly 'cos it's handy in the shower.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Nigel Molesworth contains these words:

They do seem associated with mad stary eyes, innit.

Reply to
Guy King

And what's wrong with a beard, Nigel? I do the manly thing and grow the facial fuzz. Makes me sound heroic until you find out that I grow the beard in the winter because it keeps my chin nice and warm!

Of more importance, why are there more than a dozen shaver sockets advertised on Screwfix - makes the job of choosing the perfect one for the new en-suite tricky. (I'm installing said socket as a summer contingency in case anyone asks).

Mungo :-)

P.S. American in-laws decided to brave air-travel and come visit sunny Scotland a year or so ago. They bought one of those "adaptor" plugs for some mains electrical appliance and when the device failed to work they asked me if I could help. Yes: the device just did a pin conversion, not a pin-and-voltage. So some nice little

115 volt gadget got the full 240 volt treatment (whose peak is 330v or so if I remember correctly that you multiple the value by the square root of two) : bang.
Reply to
Mungo