Whoopeedo

Zen are an excellent provider, then set up a VoIP number with VoIPfone my landline number comes up on my mobile phone, uses a data channel and all works very well:)...

Reply to
tony sayer

some 20 years ago, the factor (estate manager) at Balmoral announced the planting of a significant sized tree plantation. He said " We look forward to harvesting them in about 400 yeasr time."

Reply to
charles

Our internal phones at home respond to 666. It unlocks the front door.

Installed for when sons arrive home late without a key.

Reply to
Bob Eager

[New College, Oxford]

"a dining hall that features expansive oak beams across its ceiling ... infested with beetles ... They called in the College Forester, who of course had not been near the college itself for some years, and asked him if there were any oaks for possible use.

He pulled his forelock and said, “Well sirs, we was wonderin’ when you’d be askin’.”

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

A row of poplars planted for ww2 pit props died of rot last year and were felled. no value at all.

AFAIK poplar is only ever used for lolly sticks and lite ply, and there isn't a huge demand for either

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message snipped-for-privacy@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>, Joe snipped-for-privacy@jretrading.com writes

Looking back through my payments, I see Namesco were charging £2.88/month before the demise:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I have what is left of a row, planted along the contour where the river valley is too steep for horses to plough. Must be 300 years or more. Possibly dating from the inclosure acts.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Well, you always plant trees for future generations, as residents of Sheffield? are now realising as these trees are now huge and many have been chopped down to avoid subsidence claims from house insurers.

Reply to
Andrew