Who wanted a switched plug top?

Just found one in B&Q - one of the big warehouse/depot ones. £3:68.

Got the bar code if you want it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:02:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman" mused:

snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net

Reply to
Lurch

Aye. It was me. Bar code would be good, thanks.

Reply to
Grumps

Typical innit? Carefully remove it from poly bag, left bag neatly folded on worktop whilst I fitted plug to Geaorge Foreman gill thingy.

SWMBO tidied up & binned it!! Recovered from bin, thankfully avoiding uneaten baked beans!

Anywho - Descreibed as "PLUG WITH SWITCH AND NEON" Bar code number 5 015056

359397. Another code reads "PT13SWN-BQ".

HTH

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That should have been George Foreman Grill Thingy.................

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks Dave. I wish my SWMBO tidied up as efficiently as yours. My old grandad used to have a pet/tame jackdaw that used to eat baked beans. But I digress. Thanks again.

Reply to
Grumps

I suppose if we have a really wet summer there will be a demand for underwater barbecues.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

'Scuse me for being stooooopid but why would you want a switched plug top . Don't most sockets have switches .?? Altho' I suppose they might be useful in trailing leads so you can switch each appliance off indiviually .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart B

Once upon a time unswitched sockets were the norm and, if you still have some unswitched sockets, a switched plug may be just what is needed.

Reply to
tinnews

On 01 May 2007 12:07:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk mused:

If that was the case switched sockets would be handier.

Reply to
Lurch

In my case, I have a 6 way trailing socket attached to the wall in the kitchen. Toaster, coffee maker, etc, etc. The George Foreman grill doesn't have an on/off switch and it's a PITA plugging it in / unplugging it all the time.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And I could use them for my aquarium .Pump,Filter.lights ( two) Heater. Although a wiring unit would be cheaper it usually only has two on/off switches .

Reply to
Stuart B