Where to buy new WC cistern button/push?

I've got a Si-Amp valve in the toilet cistern and the button is broken. Not the valve, just the chrome top button.

One option is to replace the whole valve, but I'm hoping someone can tell me where I can make it a 5 minute (and hopefully cheaper) job by just replacing the chrome button.

TIA.

Reply to
Kalico

Superglue it together.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

If that were possible, I'd have already done it. Sadly, it's a totally kaput jobbie!

Reply to
Kalico

Might be something here. I've just bought some bottom seals and inlet seals from it.

PeterC

The obvious one:

Next day service whenever I've used them.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

What a pity: a new button costs =A312.14, including VAT and delivery. A n= ew entire valve costs =A312.81 for the same.

Throwaway society and all that! I'm sure at the Si-Amp factory there'll be= huge pallets full of these things. They probably sweep them up off the fl= oor at the end of the day.

I think I'll just buy the whole valve and keep it for spare.

Thanks to all.

Reply to
Kalico

entire valve costs £12.81 for the same.

huge pallets full of these things. They probably sweep them up off the floor at the end of the day.

yep. went in for camper MOT and aksed the man 'dont suppose you have an O-ring to sell me for the water drainage tap which is weeping'

came back with half a dozen..free.

I keep all such stiff as long as it might be useful one day and I have the space. Many a weird component that has found a new lease of life as something God never intended.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher