Pneumatic push button cistern?

Hi,

Anybody know where to get one of these new push button cisterns from?

I've seen plenty of the 'flapper valve' type, but the one I'm talking about here has the flush button connected to the syphon by a length of clear plastic pipe. Ideal for concealed cisterns.

Problem is, I can't recall where I've seen them.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave Farrell

snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com (Dave Farrell) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Dave,

The Multikwik (e.g. MFC1V) flush valve comes with a modest length 'remote' really only suited to use in place of a standard lever. However, another model with a *very* similar number has an extra long 'cable' - 800 mm IIRC - for just the purpose you require. And it is a pretty good device. I have no idea if the air pipes are any better or worse - or for that matter whether they support two flush volumes (as does the Multikwik) and might be relevant if you are metered.

Rod

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

Dave, I've got a Thomas Dudley Vantage

which is a complete concealed cistern and pneumatic push button operated flush valve (not syphon). I bought it from my local branch of PlumbCenter
for about 80 quid IIRC. The MultiKwik is cable operated (if that makes any difference).

-Antony

Reply to
Antony Jones

Sorry folks, I meant the MFV1C - not that different but my fingers were twitching last night.

Rod

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

I too have recently fitted a Thomas Dudley concealed cistern.

I think mine was the "Phantom" and it included a pneumatically operated remote button valve.

I got mine from my local Jewsons, and fitted it inside a Shades fitted bathroom WC unit. It fitted just fine and the valve is a pleasure to use. Only one minor complaint - I really fancied a "dual flush" option but this didn't seem to be available.

Actually there was one further issue - the button is VERY big. This is probably because it incorporates the little air "pump". For some flat-fronted furniture, or for concealed fixing behind a tiled wall or something this wouldn't be an issue. However on the Shades units that SWMBO specified, the front panels have a routed "panel" design, and it was only just possible to accommodate the button on a flat area.

Regards,

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

Anyone used those 'wave your hand near' ones you need in some public toilets?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ever been to Florida ? - they seem to like siting them close to your backside and they flush randomly if you take too long :-}

Scares the crap out of you the first time it happens, but at least you`re sat in the right place :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

What about the continental squat types? (Like a shower tray, with two pedestals you stand on and a big hole where you make your deposit; for those who've never had the pleasure to encounter such a beast.)

In France many years ago I came across one of these which had an automatic flush (as on urinals). What's more when it flushed the water level came up above the pedestals.

You had to be quick .... ;-)

-- John Stumbles

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-+ Load dropped, paperwork completed: job done.

Reply to
John Stumbles

The only one I came across was in Grenoble in France over 20 years ago. It was a shared loo, men and women (though not together thankfully).

Rather disgusting arrangement I felt.

The other type I wasn't too keen on was in California, modern office and very clean. But out there they like the water in the toilet bowl to fill up almost to the brim and cover the entire bowl, not like over here where you get just a small amount of water covering the bend.

Having a crap in one of these nearly-full loos is an interesting experience if you deliver floaters (depends what you've had the night before etc). There's something a bit disconcerting about your waste products bobbing about like submarines.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

In message , John Stumbles writes

Hardly "continental", I've never seen them in Germany, Belgium, Holland, Austria etc.,

Much more hygienic though - no contact and washing your arse with water is much cleaner than scraping it with a bit of yesterdays Sun

Reply to
geoff

In message , PoP writes

As opposed to your dump sitting smiling at you from a shelf awaiting your flushing it away

Reply to
geoff

................and in the States, privacy in the WCs is minimal. Short doors - or big gaps around them.

Reply to
John

Very true. In fact limbo dancers would look for somewhere else to practice their trade, it wouldn't be a challenge for them at all.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

You are supposed to scrape off the residue? Hell, I've learnt something else on this newsgroup ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

You see people looking through the gaps to see if their friends are in there.

Reply to
IMM