Slow cistern fill

Hi, All of a sudden the cistern on my concealed push button toilet started filling very slowly. I had a look and it seems this happens quite a lot due to a blocked filter so I disconnected the inlet and emptied the cistern. Due to the position I was unable to get the plastic knit off the bottom so gave up and reconnected it. When I turned the water back on it filled up like normal but once I flushe it went back to a trickle. I disconnected it again and the same thing happened so I presume there isn?t a blockage but now I have even less of an idea what?s wrong! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Reply to
mikeywats84

It's not something as simple as the float sticking?

Reply to
GB

No I don?t think so have been pushing it down and lifting it up and makes no difference

Reply to
mikeywats84

Can you explain what you meant by 'disconnected the inlet'?

Reply to
GB

I was just thinking the same. Maybe there is some kind of foreign body moving about in the pipework somewhere. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I turned the screw in the water supply to stop the water and then unscrewed it from the plastic screw where it enters the cistern at the bottom. Does that make sense?

Reply to
mikeywats84

So is that a valve then or what? Maybe it sticks, but moving it with a screw overcomes the friction? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes I think the bit you turn with a screwdriver is a valve to stop the water flow so you can then unscrew the supply from the cistern to try to get to the filter. But I was unable to unscrew the filter but when I reconnected and let water through again it was fine

Reply to
mikeywats84

Small piece of grit or solder loose in the waterway and under flow conditions it ends up in the valve orifice?

Reply to
Cynic

What kind of float valve does it use?

Reply to