Where do smart meters get their power from?

For only £8.34 I can get 24 Energizer AA cells, very long dated (new).

CPC.

Reply to
Bob Eager

We were waiting for pushback but the time came and went. Eventually we were told not to be concerned but the lights would shortly go off for a while as the aircraft was being rebooted!

787 dreamliners used to require a regular reboot to prevent them losing all electrical power after 2^31 centiseconds.
Reply to
Andy Burns

Not just 787.

I'm very wary of anything labelled "smart". We seem to be in an era of not very smart programmers and system designers, or rather they are under pressure from their management to deliver, sometimes to meet perhaps some poorly considered artificial management or political target.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Happened frequently to the class 317? trains new to Southern back circa 2004.

Train comes to halt, driver announces that everything will shut down for a while, as the 'computer untangles its knickers'.

Reply to
Andrew