When not to do DIY

There are two blokes reroofing my shed as I type this.

In the blowing snow.....

Reply to
Huge

If using a decent felt with modified bitumen, no problem. However normal cheap felt is brittle at today'slow temperatures, and if using cold bitumen adhesive that'll be slow to cure.

Reply to
Gel

In message , Huge writes

Yep, I had to re-roof the shed a few years ago in wind and sleet, wasn't at all pleasant.

Reply to
bof

It never seems a job worth doing in the summer does it?

Reply to
Kevin Brady

Please don't. Usenet is a plain text medium.

Oh, it only blew off last week. I haven't got time to do it, which is why I "got a man in". The fact it's snowing only adds to my pleasure.

Reply to
Huge

This is one really good thing if you have blueyonder... the news-text.blueyonder.co.uk server automatically removes all non-text posts.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Deep joy.

Reply to
Huge

it didn't for me - I saw it !

Reply to
brugnospamsia

In message , Kevin Brady writes

It was the winter bad weather that blew most of the roof off and meant it needed recovering ASAP to stop the contents being drowned.

Reply to
bof

In message , Huge writes

I hope you offered the chaps a nice hot mug of tea.

Reply to
bof

Hmm, the chaps who installed my dbl glazing could drink some tea !

Still, 7 windows installed in half a day by a 4 man team was pretty impressive work.

Hope they stay in for the warranty period !

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy