Whatever happened to Sanyo's eneloop batteries?

I thought these "stay charged" batteries were going to take over the world, but they seem to have disappeared entirely - all I see here is an occasional set of Duracell AAA Stay Charge batteries in Tesco.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Eh? Just checked Amazon UK - lots in stock.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Available from here

probably Jessops (at a higher price?).

I did a bit of a search t'other day and found some that were 2.5Ah, rather than the 2Ah of the original ones, bur Sanyo's site doesn't seem to mention them, even on the @new, Improved' page. BTW, the 'second generation' ones seem to be good for 1500 cycles and hold charge for 3 years:

PeterC

What? Every manufacturer/reseller under the sun has their own low self-discharge NiMH range, often sold as "pre-charged rechargeable".

Reply to
Andy Burns

Reply to
Man at B&Q

We haven't had any in Lidl here, or if we have they disappeared before I saw them. The old Tronic rechargeables are still appearing from time to time.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Even Poundland for a pack of two, ;(

-