What type of connector is this? confused.com

I thought that it was a zif connector or type of, but after looking at other zif connectors, molex type, I am now not so sure.

I know its not very clear to look at, but on the side away from how you look at it, the ribbon cable goes into the connector, and is fastened by some sort of hinged clip.

There is another one of the exact same item which a power ribbon is connected to from the power button on a Compaq CQ60 laptop. On that connector the clip is missing and the ribbon is chewed up some, so I have ordered a new board and ribbon combined, but now need the clip.

The connector is 10 pin at 1.0mm pitch, if anyone can point me in the right direction, as I'm struggling to find one at the moment.

This is another view from the front of the connector in question, which has a clip missing from it. This connector is the exact same as the one in the other link. It has 10 pins at 1.0mm pitch.

The connector shown is on a Compaq CQ60 laptop, and there is a ribbon which goes in from the front of the connector, then there is a black bar or clip which is fitted at the front.

This is a view of the one where the clip is missing, and the cable has been removed due to damage.

Bob H

Lookup FPC/EPC connectors An example:

HTH

Reply to
Fredxxx

I meant FPC/FFC (Flexible Printed Circuit / Flexible Flat Cable)

Reply to
Fredxxx

The link takes me to a zif connector

Reply to
Bob H

Look at header connectors. Theres no real likelihood of it being zif.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Looking at pictures of fpc ffc connectors on ebay, I would also say that it's not likely to be a zif connector. The trouble is though , I can't find 10pin 1.0mm pitch fpc ffc connectors.

Reply to
Bob H

Why do you want to know what type of connector it is?

Reply to
Dave W