vertical blinds connector ?

Our rear doors are covered by a 112" W x ~86" H set of vertical blinds. I would like to keep everything BUT the fabric vanes.

NON STANDARD VANE-to-RAIL CONNECTOR The issue is that the plastic piece that connects the fabric vanes to the rail appears non-standard. The (male) connector facing downward from the rail is in the shape of a capital I (like an I beam). The female connector, connected to the fabric closes in around the bottom of the I-beam. (see the link below for a few pictures of this connector). Some of the female connectors are broken. I'd like to find a place that sells replacement connectors. Everything at HD & Lowe's is a standard/interchangeable clip.

Any ideas?

VERTICAL BLIND CONNECTORS

thanks in advance, blind newbie

Reply to
foolio97

Have you looked all over the blinds to find out who made them?

Do you know where you got them?

Reply to
mm

The blinds were installed by a previous owner, I got on a chair and looked, unsuccessfully, at the top, front, & sides for a manufacturer label. I haven't taken the whole assembly down yet; I'll try that tonight.

Reply to
foolio97

That is a non-standard clip. 22 years in the business and I have never seen that one. That is the bad news.

The good news if you want to call it that is that the prices for a complete new vertical blind are cheaper than just buying the new vanes. I have priced it out a few times for clients and it has always worked out that way.

To cover all existing holes just order a new blind the same width and height or add an inch to each measurement.

Here to help you with the install if you post.

Reply to
Colbyt