What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

That would be me :-)

Probably. I didn't like other children when I was a child, so why should I like other Dotty Pensioners if I ever become one myself - which I have no intention of doing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In article , Zak writes

Why not park your vehicles so that they cannot get their cars out, if this is a private car park they will soon get fed up of the hassle, or of course you could contact the police or would this be to simple.

Reply to
Mike Jakob

Don't waste your time. You will discover the residents are too idle to open the gates so will just park anywhere but the car park. You will have a nice empty carpark and nowhere for visitors to park.

I am seriously think about cutting the lock off the gate and locking it open with a lock of my own in an attempt to get them to use the car park.

Reply to
dennis

And TBH, the only people who gave a shit were the art luvvies anyway.

Reply to
Conor

Was the £3k guaranteed trade-in only on the £11k Impian though?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

For what purpose other than satisfying some sick fantasy of a vandal.

Reply to
Johannes

OSR is used in all sorts of foods - you are probably eating it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

As I said, it takes a bit of effort. As for the FMs being poorly advertised, I don't understand why that makes it difficult for you. You obviously know when they are.

I'm too far away to know but I have friends who do live in Herts and in Berks and they seem to manage to get what they want - fresh, organic and locally produced.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I agree that it seems to be more common these days. But it always did - Cicero talked about it many centuries ago :-(

And it will make you feel much better? Or like the child who dented yours?

I don't damage people's property wilfully. But nor do I assume that all damage is wilful.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Does that apply to the damage your exhaust emissions do to the atmosphere and other people's health?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You know that for a fact or is it your opinion?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Injuries don't always show.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Good for him.

But his priorities were right.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mary Fisher ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm, no. I occasionally see an A5 flyer stuck to a lamp post a week after.

I meant Bucks... I do know where I live, honest...

This email address works.

Reply to
Adrian

In message , Stuffed writes

You don't have to apply for DLA to get a Blue Badge

If you happen to receive the correct component you automatically qualify for one, but many other people apply and receive them if they fit the criteria.

Reply to
studiosound

If it's a public car park, then these people every right to park. They pay their tax disc fee like everyone else. If it is a problem then see the local council and make them aware people are parking up and getting the train into London or whatever. Then the council can take appropriate measures by introducing a resident bay or whatever.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

It is for me - I always have a parking space to use. But because I am a director of the management company, other residents' problems with selfish outsiders parking on our property is something I am bound to become involved in. It isn't going to make me move, though.

The motivation to move - and incur the huge inconvenience and expense of doing so - can be caused by many factors. But the parking problems in Croydon aren't going to be one of them, at least not for me.

Reply to
Hamish Walker

Sorry, not quite what I meant by "consider access".

I meant that the milkman, UPS man, Fireman Sam, Miss Spinster's dry-cleaning and Dr Pox will drive up to the barrier and not be able to get in, simply because it's there and closed.

Now the milkman could have his own code to get in, like the residents. Probably the firemen could as well, or their own special over-ride key (I'm sure there are arrangements for this). But that's no good for the other, occasional yet legitimate visitors.

So we would have to wire up an entryphone system at huge expense so Miss Spinster could let the dry-cleaning van in remotely. But Miss Spinster doesn't have a car herself, so how much should she contribute to the installation and maintenance of this whole automatic gate thing? She isn'y even remotely inconvenienced by non-residents parking in the car park, but she is now inconvenienced because she has to be in every time her dry-cleaning is delivered.

Reply to
Hamish Walker

Au contraire. ** You probably won't like this **

Oh dear what a shame, never mind. So leave them at home.

So leave them in someone else's care, or use online shopping then.

Thay are the same distance at mamy of our supermarkets. Grossly unfair on the genuinely needy.

Apart from up taking spaces that could be provided for the needy.

Brats in car parks make life difficult for everyone as almost without exception, they are ill mannered, foul mouthed yobs who do not get any form of discipline when they create havoc. Why should others have to put up with that?

I'm sure that you will consider this response to be arrogant, uncaring and unreasonable, however, I am sick of seeing the bone idle causing hardship for those who are in genuine need by occupying disabled spaces. If people want to breed, that's fine, but don't inflict the results on others or expect special treatment.

I'm climbing abourd my soapbox now, but in closing let me stir the waters with another of my "themes"....

The local newspaper has been full of complaints that Boots the Chemist has decided to close their "baby changing room". Why on earth should they have one in the first place? Are they regarded as a charity or something?

Yes OK i'm in a bad mood. :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

disrespectful,