What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

Err no. Not too bright are you?

Reply to
Conor

Wimp. ;) Food first medical attention second.

Reply to
Depresion

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Wow! A gracious apology for a misunderstanding on Usenet? Surely some mistake? Anyway, gracefully accepted.

Ill behaved children do annoy me, but mostly it's the "I wouldn't have been allowed to do that" grump, and I think it's a case of the noticeable minority. By the way, my wife has just read this thread and told me that I come across as a Grumpy Old Man (I'm 32, but may have to confess to being a GOM since early teens).

I'm not entirely convinced of the causal link there, but I think there's enough evidence that we really need a proper double blind study. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that kids fed a proper diet in schools behave better. There's really no excuse for the crap that schools have been feeding them, and if I did have kids, they'd be on lunchboxes or would come home for lunch.

Excuse me while I envy.

We get things like cleaning products from the supermarket, we only get food when I've not had time to shop. We grow what makes sense on the space we've got, mostly salad crops and posh spuds, with some tomatoes and soft fruit.

Reply to
Steve Walker

In message , Mary Fisher writes

I pot smoking acquaintance was seen in the supermarket scrutinising the labels on cans because he didn't want any of those chemicals in his food

- presumably chemicals are only harmful if ingested not smoked

Reply to
Sue Begg

In message , Frank Erskine writes

I was of course quoting what the checkout states rather than using my own grammar :-))

Reply to
Sue Begg
[...]

The unauthorised parker has temporarily deprived the space owner of enjoyment of their property so can have no real objection to similar treatment.

Alistair J Murray

Try using Golden Syrup or molasses

Reply to
Vauxhall Victot

And if it dents that easily then it ain't a good one anyway.

Reply to
Conor

In most cases there is absolutely no need to take a kid or kids anywhere near a supermarket I was never dragged round shops kicking and screaming and allowed to stand or sit in trolleys where others have to put their food . I saw one bitch standing her bloody kid on the checkout belt in Sainsburys today back in the late forties and early fifties one of our parents used to look after us while the other did the shopping . These days parents would sooner inconvenience other shoppers with their blasted lids than look after them themselves at home .

My thoughts also damn nuisance the lot of them mind you stores don't help when they go providing changing rooms and special parking spaces for them .

My friend does exactly the same and makes a point of parking in a P&C even if the disabled spaces are empty he is nearly 60 and Mother 89 he has had many laughs doing this .Sod em they should not take their YOUNG kids to supermarkets end of story .

Reply to
dexter

"Sue Begg" emitted :

Do you suggest your acquaintance *actively* seek chemicals in his food, to supplement the ones he's already exposing himself to? ;-)

S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

----------------------------------- Attack Decay Sustain Release....

Reply to
Signal

I don't know, I can't find friggin' milk on the Tesco website. Skimmed, semi-skimmed, Jersey, long life, soya, chocolate milk, ... no friggin' milk though.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Every little helps :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

AndrewR ( snipped-for-privacy@rockface.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not controlling them so they don't piss everybody else in the store off.

Is online shopping not available to them?

Personal preference.

let members of their family run wild.

No, but you can teach them how to behave. That seems a spectacularly unfashionable approach - and look where it's taking us.

Yes. It usually gets ignored. If I then ask the parent politely to please move their child, it often gets a disgusted look and a huff.

They seem unable to understand their parents asking them to sit quietly and stop hitting their sister.

I don't often have to emergency stop a trolley because adults are chasing each other up and down aisles.

Reply to
Adrian

Depresion (blank@128.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I s'pose you need something to sustain you in the eight hour queue for A&E.

Reply to
Adrian

AndrewR ( snipped-for-privacy@rockface.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The sign says "Parent and Child", he's with his parent. Where's the problem?

Reply to
Adrian

In message , Signal writes

I think the amount of chemical he voluntarily exposed his body to, the additives in his food would be irrelevant. It was noticeable that he never checked whisky for chemicals. - But he is a lovely bloke all the same :-)

Reply to
Sue Begg

Yes, quite, and damaged bodywork only costs money when you come to sell it, which is obviously totally unimportant. You won't mind if I rifle through your wallet then?

Reply to
Steve Walker

In message , Conor writes

Clearly good cars don't exist then. Show me one you can't damage by opening a door into it forcefully enough.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Not if you leave the valves on their bonnet ;o)

Reply to
Gizmo

Bright enough to give your opinion no credence whatsoever.

Reply to
Andy Tillbrook