What to do with old fluorescent tubes

What the betting that PC safety campainers will either call for a ban on the film, or a ban on fluorescent tubes?

Reply to
ABC

Thats the problem with common sence ....... its not very common !

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

No just a compulsory warning notice: "Breaking off the end of this tube, filling it with petrol and igniting it may be dangerous", along with "Not suitable for human consumption", "remove from cardboard sleeve before fitting" etc. JP is probably deciding on the membership of the Fluorescent Tube Use Safety Advice Group at this very moment.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Quite. At this very moment a no-win no-fee lawyer is preparing a brief for substantial damages in respect of the negligent omission of such safety warnings from the tubes.

PS Has Dr. Evil checked in today?

Reply to
Aidan

Suggests to me that natural selection may be working...

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Or petrol?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Time to add some chlorine to the gene pool

Reply to
Gizmo

May contain nuts.

Reply to
Paul Herber

They have there own website

it all really

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I bought an Epson printer cartridge t'other day. It had a warning attached - "Do not drink".

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Given that inkjet printer ink reputedly costs more than the best champagne I don't expect you were tempted

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Peanut butter. "Warning Contains peanuts"

We are becoming a society of fuckwits.

Reply to
EricP

In true part P tradition, they will seek to reduce casualties from this type of accident by upto 20% by banning DIY fitting of halogen spotlights....

That ought to do it!

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, I had a packet of peanuts on a flight once. Marked "Peanuts - Warning May Contain Nuts". Well it bloody well better contain nuts!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

well, at least they were accurate and didn't write instead "warning: contains nuts"

Reply to
RichardS

Wow. Lifestyle advice on a printer cartridge!

Reply to
RichardS

now, where did I put my trusty hair-splitting tool.....

Reply to
RichardS

Plus, it's a bit too much like preaching, to me. Shouldn't it say `Please enjoy in moderation' OSLT?

Reply to
Sam Nelson

and after I deleted the post I was about to send as well ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm