What to do with Indesit decals?

My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in the box:

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck on anything!

So what's the point?

MM

Reply to
MM

For the front of demonstration models in showrooms ?

michael adams

michael adams

Nothing? Presumably they're just there in case the oven is displayed in a shop.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Stick them on your EPC when you sell your house :-)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Ah! Never thought of that!

Thanks.

MM

Reply to
MM

What's an "EPC"? I don't think I ever received one. Should have? I bought the house brand-new off a local builder (40 dwellings) in 2004.

MM

Reply to
MM

It's really called "Badge Engineering". The same units will come with different decals depending on which cardboard box is used for packing.

Reply to
charles

You will need one to sell it. Energy Performance Certificate. They possibly were not mandatory in 2004. Not worth the paper they are written on but the system requires them to be reasonably up to date. Don't bother until you come to sell when it will become another cost of the process.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

< 10 years old.
Reply to
Huge

It looks like all that time spent wandering aimlessly around Curry's showrooms, has finally paid off.

michael adams

michael adams

It's that completely worthless survey that you have to have now when you sell or rent your property Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs).

When I sold my flat earlier this year my EPC (that cost me £90) suggested changing the storage heaters to high retention storage heaters at a cost of between £800 and £1200 so that the buyer could potentially make a saving of £43 per year on his heating bill. That's a breakeven of around 25 years. As well as a heat recovery system for mixer showers at a cost of between £585 and £725 to save £19 per year.

I'm sure it really influenced my buyer...

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

When you say "now", what you mean is "for the last nine years"...

They're valid for ten years.

Reply to
Adrian

So the cardboard box can change the energy efficiency rating?

Reply to
polygonum

And be aware that the EPC must be in colour - a B&W print is not acceptable. (Just found that out talking to a builder who fell foul of that and had to re-print on the colour printer. I guess it is having a major impact on colour-blind conveyancers who need to get someone else to check that it is actually in the right colours.)

Still not worth the paper they are printed on - and certainly not as much as the colour ink/toner on them.

Reply to
polygonum

Of course.

Just like a car can have different emissions depending on whether it's got a VW or a Skoda badge on the grille.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Is this the same as the now defunct HIP?

MM

Reply to
MM

Was this an EU thing, or can we at least lay sole blame at the Labour government?

MM

Reply to
MM

It's the one bit of the HIP that didn't die a quick death.

Reply to
Adrian

Up here we still have HIPS (well, Home Reports) and they seem to work quite well. Handy being able to read the survey before going to view.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The EPC was part of the HIP.