Indesit tumble dryer

I have an Indesit tumble dryer just over a year old and it keeps blowin

the fuse and there are sparks from inside the drum. Is it worth callin out an engineer or should i just dump it

-- ndedman

Reply to
ndedman

The message from ndedman contains these words:

I'd expect it to last over a year - go and complain to the vendor.

Reply to
Guy King

In my case the sparks were because fluff gathered across some terminals (there was a thermostat monitoring (I guess) the heat at the outlet - I'm guessing there was mains voltage there).

If you feel competent to do it safely, open the tumble dryer at the back and clean out as much fluff as possible. Then try it again and see if you can determine where the sparks come from. Make sure you disconnect the mains before reaching inside the dryer again.

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo Henning