What's this fastener called?

Can anyone tell me the correct name for the fastener that's commonly used to hold the wheels onto an axle of kids toys, or push chairs. It looks like a domed metal cap with a captive star washer inside that pushes onto the end of the axle and the "teeth" on the star washer grip the end of the axle to stop the cap from coming off.

If I can find the proper name I might then be able to google to find a source for them.

Thanks David.

Reply to
DavidM

So let me see if I've got this right. You want a domed cap with a star washer in it. Hmmm let me take a real flyer on this on this and type "domed cap star washer" into Google. Yeah I know, I'm just a real crazy guy but I'll give anything a whirl once.

that was hard wasn't it?

Reply to
Dave Baker

Reply to
Mike Babcock

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

GM... I think we have a new way of attaching wheels... :-)

Reply to
js.b1

Dave, not everyone has our engineering background. Give him some slack and tell him what he wants.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

No, didn't think so !

Reply to
OG

Thank you for being polite, you're so right, not many people know how to ask because they don't know how to describe what they're asking for.

s.

Reply to
someone

Heh. Had a lift in a Jeep Wrangler 4x4 something the other day. I heard what you mean.

Reply to
Adrian C

Reply to
Roberts

I did actually - it found this thread amusingly :)

Although interestingly, it now finds some indian site above it. In fact, there seems to be several indian sites. Are as fasteners made in india these days or something?

:-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I dunno what its called but model shops sell em to hold on model plane wheels.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

dude, dunno if you got your answer or not, i can't bear to read all the following smugness. what you are after are called starlocks, you can google it & buy a kit, or get individual ones from a engineering fastner stockist.

hope this helps

justin

Reply to
justandkirst