What's it called (brick retaining bracket)?

I need to repair a brick garden wall, where the last brick on the top course has come away.

To fix it back in place properly, I need a couple of "L" shaped brackets. The long leg of the "L" lies horizontally under the brick, and the short leg is vertical at the exposed end of the brick.

Problem is, I can't find suitable brackets. The only "L" shaped brackets I can find have holes drilled in each leg. These holes would look unsightly on the exposed leg.

I've been to B&Q, Wickes and Screwfix, but nobody has them. Trouble is, I don't know what they're called exactly, but surely they are fairly common? Or don't builders bother with them any more?

Reply to
news

Its a door cramp or clamp. Its used to tie a door frame to brick work. Laid on top of the brick and the vertical piece is screwed into the frame and then the brick is bedded on top of the horizontal tail. The other use is to retain end bricks on a wall, as you are intending.Use two.

K. S Nottm

Reply to
keith_765

why is this needed then?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

They're called frame ties. They look unsightly, and quite probably cause the bricks to "come away" faster than if they aren't used in the first place. Their use is a relatively modern phenomenon, maybe since the '80s, IIRC. I wouldn't use them for this!

Reply to
Chris Bacon