brace / bracket without pre-drilled holes - truck bed rail flag project

anyone know where I can get a corner brace (1"W x 1"W x 5" L x .125" thick) and a T-brace or L-brace (1"W x 5"L x 5"L x .125" thick) or without pre-drilled holes?

I've looked at Home Depot & Lowes. while they do have the above mentioned brackets. the corner brace & the T-brace need to be mated, but the problem with them is the pre-drilled holes do not match and they have too many holes, (6 holes each), for my liking when I only need 3.

It is for a truck car-flag bed-rail project.

What I'm trying to do is put a car flag which is designed to be used on a window of a vehicle on a bed rail of my truck. I've done a prototype using Home Depot parts. basically I've mated the T-brace & L-brace to two flags with a hose bracket. the T/L braces needs to be mated to corner brace which would be set horizontally on the bed rail. and a rubber strip would be added to the brace as buffer between bedrail & brace. Just so that no ones get confused about the T-brace & L-brace flags, they won't be mounted on one corner brace, but on two.

Please don't mention emachineshop.com, they charge an arm & a leg for something like this. They have parts store if I want to try to sell it, but I'm not sure there is anyone interested in something like this.

oh, the flags are sports related and will have a USA flag (I need to buy a new one, its looking very tattered).

also, I have a hand drill, how do I do counter-sunk holes? they need to be able to fit flat head screws/bolts.

comments welcome

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Go to a medal sales buiness. They will cut to length 1 X 1 by 1/8th inch thick angle iron.. Then drill your holes to match up. WW

Reply to
WW

That's METAL sales business, right?

Joe

Reply to
Joe

On Feb 13, 5:13=A0pm, dilbert firestorm wrote: [...]

Thanks for that!!!!

(Mounts podium):

People don't realize that it's disrespectful to fly a tattered flag. (only at Fort Sumter ) I stopped by a truck rental place to mention this politely to the mgr. She was receptive, but plainly had never heard of "flag etiquette" before. If an adult was ignorant, imagine the youngsters! I don't think anybody teaches this any more. Probably the parents are equally ignorant and the schools don't have time for it. Buy an effing NEW flag when it starts looking worn!

has a few of the basics, like not letting the flag trail on the ground !!!! Also illuminating it if left out at night.

And what really pulls my chain is (mis) using our flag in clothing! A definite No-No!! Bad enough when it's T-shirts, but underpants !!!! If some of these idiots in Congress who periodically waste taxpayers' money proposing flag burning amendments would spread the word about respect for the flag, I'd have a little more respect for THEM!

(climbs off podium)

Reply to
Higgs Boson

SHHHHHH! H.B., someone might mistake you for a Conservative. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

the usa car flag is fairly old. I bought it after 9-11-2001.

Yeah, I agree with you on getting a new flag and burning the old one when I get a new one.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm