Bed Rail Fasteners

Am going to build an Oak headboard and footboard, with rails for my son and his wife. The bed rails are going to be attached with bed rail fasteners as per C of

never made a bed before using these, would welcome your opinions as to stength. Or would you recommend using bed bolts as per
Thanks.

Vic

Reply to
Victor H.

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:40:00 -0500, Victor H.

It depends. Will you need to dismantle the bed frequently to get it into/out of the room or perhaps for shipping? I've used the bed bolts for building a large garden picnic table and it was really solid. Considering the weight of people rolling around on a bed, you might want that solid feature too. The bed rails you won't see when they're in use, the bed bolts you will, or at least where they might be covered by the bed bolt covers.

In the end, I'd use the bed rail fasteners if the dismantling of the bed was going to happen more often. If it's going to happen rarely, then I'd use the bed bolts.

Reply to
Dave

We own two beds with bed bolts and a couple of older ones with the old slide and lock hardware. The bolts take a few more minutes to dismantle and set up but they are quite solid. I always thought if I built a bed it would be bolts.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Just think to yourself dtamped steel that will deform with movement or bolts that can be tightened as needed.

Reply to
Leon