Porter Cable Air Compressor problems

I purchased a C2006 compressor with the three nailers from Home Depot and was very happy with it until it started to leak at the air release valve at the bottom of the tank. Only then did I read about the problems with this type of compressor. I purchased a replacement release valve from eREplacementsParts.com and thought that the problem was solved. However when I removed the old valve did I see how flimsy the threads were on the tank to hold the value. Long story short the new valve leaks worse than the old one that was worn out. I think that I am up the creek and asking for advice and recommendations for a replacement compressor. I had grown accustomed to have compressed air but I don't think that I want to replace it in kind. Al

Reply to
Al Holstein

tiredofspam

Put in a galvanized steel elbow and short galvanized pipe with a ball valve at the end of the pipe.

Epoxy the elbow into the tank opening.

Reply to
Leon

I think you mean pipe dope.

Limp Arbor

Thanks for the suggestions. I put in an elbow with teflon tape and teflon taped in the new valve after putting a little grease on the inner working of it and everything is holding air now.

Al

Reply to
Al Holstein