Porter-Cable 80 gal air compressor question.

After purchasing the air compressor I do not see a standard tank outlet in the side of the tank anywhere. Its a vertical configuration. I do see a pre-installed 3/4" outlet called a globe valve at the top front of the compressor that looks like a hose bib that is part of the relief valve assembly. Am i missing something?

I want to tie into an air system and it seems like this tank should have an outlet like anyother tank I see around.

Any clues?

I'm currently trying to get through to porter cable as well.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich

Well if I aint mistaken, there should be a female fitting on the globe valve somewhere that will allow you to put either a piece of pipe, a quick disconnect, or your choice of fittings. I don't think, coming off the tank, there would be a standard fitting. It would probably be a 2", maybe not that big, but a bigger fitting than your used to seeing. I'd check my owners/operators manual to be sure.

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Read page 13 of the manual.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm really just wondering why they didn't put in the large outlet for tying into a large shop environment instead of having to hook to the 3/4 globe valve. All the compressors I've seen that are say 60 gal and up have the large outlet in the side of the tank whether vertical or horizontal. I would of rather started with a larger diameter than 3/4 but I am sure it will be ok. The other thing is I am looking for flex tubing for this thing and only found someone with 12" lengths so far.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

A 3/4" orifice at 150 psi can pass 1315 cfm. A 1/2" orifice at that pressure will pass 600 cfm. Any other openings just add to cost of manufacture. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski