Plumbing fitting...what's it called?

Got a Grohe basin mixer tap with 10mm-3/8" tails. I'm after the name of fitting which I will need to connect it to 15mm copper.

mark

Reply to
mark

10 / 15mm reducer ? Available in compression and solder

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Got a Grohe basin mixer tap with 10mm-3/8" tails. I'm after the name of fitting which I will need to connect it to 15mm copper.

Have a root through this lot

Nthkentman

and pushfit ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I don't think it's a reducer as I've bought those and no good. The reducer has a compression nut/olive on each end. The thread on the smaller end doesn't fit the tap tail.

The fitting I'm after does exist because I've used them before from a plumbing shop that's a bit of a trek for me and expensive. I held up the tap tails and got handed the prestex type fittings. The smaller threaded end doesn't have provision for an olive but is designed to tighten against a neoprene washer.

Previous workarounds were with a 3/8" nipple and 1/2" bush from Screwfix.

mark

Reply to
mark

Will this do?

polygonum

They're all flex connectors. My taps already have them built in.

mark

Reply to
mark

No because taps have built in flexs already.

mark

Reply to
mark

Have been researching:

I'm not the only one to have encountered this issue:

Apparently 3/8" equates to 12mm not 10mm, in plumbing fittings.

These look like the kiddies:

So to answer my own question it would seem they are called:

3/8" to 15mm COPPER x MALE THREAD TAP ADAPTERS.

mark

Reply to
mark

Would have helped if you had mentioned in your OP that your tails had female threads. Not easy to answer a question if you don't give enough info!

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I've never had taps with tails that had male threads.

mark

Reply to
mark

Most tails I have seen have been unthreaded. Simply a bit of pipe. So inherently male.

Reply to
polygonum

Most tap tails end in plain pipe - no threads at all.

Reply to
John Rumm

I would agree that flexible braided tails have female threads but "flexible" and "braided" were another two useful words that you left out.

Most of the taps I've fitted have had these sorts of tails.

If in doubt, posting a link to a photo goes a huge way towards helping folk to help you.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+