15mm-10mm isolating valves.

I can confirm that, and servicing valves (trade term for isolating valves that use a screw-driver slot to turn the ball).

Niel.

Reply to
Badger
15mm-10mm isolating valves. anyone know if these are available, got to fit a new hand basin next week and stupid shmbo has bought one with monoblock tap with 10mm tails on, and I haven't room for both a reducer and isolating valve.

ta

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark

Why not unscrew the tails and replace with flexibles with 15mm ends ?

Reply to
G&M

or cut down the 10mm tails a bit

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

Ahh that's a good idea, I don't normally use flexible tails, cost and all. But can you actually buy short flexibles with the correct male fitting to connect to monobloc taps ?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:57:44 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "nick smith" strung together this:

That'd be the easiest way.

Reply to
Lurch

Yes - either 10 or 12 mm fitting. Pipe is 300mm long and ends in a 15mm compression but by unscrewing this you get a 1/2 BSP which helps some applications. Measure the ones that came with the tap first.

They are dirt cheap from Screwyou or BES and allow one to hide all the pipework up behind the waste making it look a bit neater.

Reply to
G&M

You need to ask your local plumbers merchant for a couple of 15mm to 10mm reducing sets, one for each tap tail. These fit in the nut part of a normal

15mm compression fitting, (I assume your isolating valve is 15mm compression), and give you a 10mm pipe oulet hole. I hope this makes sense. This is a link to a 22mm to 15mm from Screwfix,
they don't seem to do a 15 to 10 but you can get them as I have used them lots of times in the situation you describe.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Yes that's why I've got no room, the plumbing is already "Truly hidden" going straight through the wall behind the basin, and only 100mm below the bottom of the tap. Just enough room for an isolating valve or a reducer but not both, with cutting the tails to as short as possible. unless I play origami with 10mm pipe and a bender ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark

Yes Brilliant thanks, my nearest plumbers merchant is a "Centre" so I don't know if they will stock them, they had never heard of a 15/10 reducers or isolating valve either.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:13:10 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Mark" strung together this:

I use angled service valves for that, like a 90 degree tap connector with a service valve built in. Put one of these onto the pipe coming out of the wall, screw a 15mm compression coupler onto the end of it with a 15x10 reducer and hey presto etc...

Reply to
Lurch

B&Q W usually have the reducing sets.

Reply to