What's it called (AKA replacing a 1/4" brass hinge pin)

I'm restoring a 30s steel window and need new 1/4" brass hinge pins. The hinges are external so I need to make the pins tamper-proof. The originals were plain rod with a 1/8" round disk riveted on each end (the ends were probably threaded as well) but something the shape of a flat-headed nail would be better, and tapping a thread into the end to take some sort of wide-headed screw (the whole thing being similar to a book "binding post"). The lathe is out of action at the moment so I need to find something off the shelf. Any better ideas? What's the name for a rod with a flat head? How best to secure the bottom thread: cross drill and roll pin, threadlock (is there a permanent type?), something else?
On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 9:35:53 AM UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

Could you not peen the ends. Brass is relatively soft

I could, but it would be difficult to oppose the "bash" and avoid bending the hinge.
My googlefoo has just revealed that what I want is called an Architectural Sex Bolt - I kid you not. I've reached the ripe old age of (cough) without having heard of a Sex Bolt. S'funny old world.
On 10/09/2019 09:35, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

A rid with a flat gead?
You need tio use brass and a washer to constarin it and smash the head over ('peen') to make one. Sort of like adapapting a bake pipe flare tool

Threadlock if thats the way you are going

Or soft soldering.
On 10/09/2019 09:35, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

You secure it using hinge bolts.
On 10/09/2019 19:18, dennis@home wrote:

I used those on the hardwood doors to the terrace ... I'm now restoring a STEEL window.